Saturday, August 19, 2006

About us

We are a young family, currently living in the UK but about to move to the USA, where my wife is from. As such we will be in the unenviable position of being able to talk about the realities of LEGAL immigration into two countries, and I'm sure we will in due course!

Why the move? Too many reasons to say really. I could make political hay and say we are moving to get away from eye watering tax rates (over 40% of every further pound I could earn would be misappropriated by the Government), an interfering nannyish government, the loss of our traditional liberties (guns are almost gone, self defence too, with free speech and private property close behind), an impending demographic catastrophe across the English Channel, and the imminent introduction of ID cards. But if I did, I would be lying. However, I'd also be lying if I said that those things didn't factor into our decision.

Now don't get me wrong. Britain has been in worse scrapes than this - and we passionately hope that things will turn the corner and I'll be dutifully mailing in my ballot paper until they disenfranchise me (in about 15 years time I believe). We're not turning our backs on Britain and intend to watch closely and visit often, but we believe our future to be elsewhere.

And where in the US will that be? Unknown. I'm quitting my job and intend to relax for a month or two before finding another (the past two years I've commuted 160 miles a day by bus, so I fancy a break). We'll be staying with my mother in law in Arkansas until I find a job, so we'll start looking around that part of the country first. In due course I'll post a CV here, but if you know of any openings in the Mid West or South for a Management Consultant / Software developer (MCSD) give us a shout!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home